American Express Careers
Analyst/Sr Analyst – GCS Operational Excellence
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the leading payment card issuer for businesses in the United States and supports business owners and companies with products and services to help them run and grow their businesses. Operational Excellence at American Express is a comprehensive and integrated program designed to identify, measure, report, monitor and control operational risk exposures of various business processes. It supports business units in meeting all relevant operational risk, regulatory and compliance requirements. The main area of responsibility for this position is to support the overall implementation and governance of the Operational Risk Framework within GCS business unit, with a focus on governance of programs and processes including new product approval, client exceptions and change management.
Among the specific responsibilities, this role will:
• Manage governance activities across the GCS business.
• Partner with the business to ensure new products and initiatives have identified, analyzed and mitigated operational risk exposures.
• Support creating and updating the required documents in various tools used by Ops Excellence e.g. Sales Force (SFDC), Archer and Shared Drives.
• Support risk assessments of business processes using the company’s standard methodologies and mitigate identified control weaknesses through the creation of appropriate action plans.
• Support the business in execution of the company’s operational risk framework, ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Enterprise-wide Operational Risk Policy and related guidance.
• Maintain business level procedural documents to support the implementation of risk assessment and governance frameworks.
• Produce consistent, accurate and timely reports for the governance team
Qualifications• Graduate with 2 –5 years’ experience in project management
• Demonstrated ability to build and sustain effective working relationships across the Company with leaders in various positions
• Strong team player
• Self-motivated, with the ability to handle multiple work streams and ad-hoc tasks simultaneously
• Experience compiling information and developing thoughtful material for presentation
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills, particularly in creating custom reporting and data charting
• Flexibility in response to changing circumstances
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
• Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
• Ability to ask the “right” questions without having extensive knowledge in a particular business area
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2018, 11:29:21 PM