Get a first-class start to your travel industry career.
If you have a natural flair for exceptional customer service, an aptitude for learning and a true passion for travel, this role is for you. With an intensive 12-week, paid training and mentoring program, here’s your chance to become a highly skilled Travel Consultant. Are you up for the challenge to join a leader in the travel industry?
[What you’ll be doing]
From learner to leader, see the bigger picture.
Once you’ve completed the training, you will be ready to take whatever travel request comes your way in our customer contact center:
You will delight our Premium Card Members with unforgettable and unexpected experiences
As a consultant, you will refine understanding by asking personalized fact finding questions
If you are not a travel expert yet, you will know where to look to find the information you need
You will research, plan and execute customized travel experiences, through booking domestic and international flights, car and/or hotel travel arrangements
You will always put the Card Member’s experience at the forefront of everything you do, reinforcing the WOW and winning their loyalty
What you need to thrive
· Proven ability to provide extraordinary customer service
· Experience servicing customers ideally in travel, hospitality, high-end customer service or sales roles
· A passion for building customer loyalty by carefully listening, building rapport and providing extraordinary customer care, using strong written and verbal communication skills
· Natural consultative skills, with the ability to offer confident recommendations
· Excellent geography knowledge likely gained by being travel curious or through time spent exploring the world
· The resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure and constantly-evolving circumstances
· Confident computer skills are vital as you’ll be using multiple tools and systems daily
· The flexibility to work shifts, including nights and weekends
Candidates should be flexible to work any shift within the hours of operation: Monday through Sunday from 5:30AM to 2:30AM Local Time. If you live within 35 miles of a contact center you will be required to work onsite.
[Who we are]
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
ReqID: 18014028 Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time Date Posted: Sep 18, 2018, 10:40:17 AM
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
US Job Seekers: If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position
you may contact us by clicking here or call our US Toll-free number at 1-855-297-7327.
Anonymized data is stored for redirects to the career site tracking successful searches leading to job applications in effort to measure effectiveness of partners in sourcing job candidates and job searches. We request use of anonymized data to improve your experience on our site.