American Express Careers
Our team lives by a set of guiding principles:
- Show, don’t tell
- One Voice
- Customer Focused
- Simple and Relevant
- Focused on Results
- Manage the design operations of 2-4 product workstreams
- Define design roadmaps with Design Director, Product Owners and Product Designers
- Clarify key deliverables for current sprint and ensure we're tracking against larger product and design roadmaps
- Identify at risk projects and facilitate discussions to move projects forward
- Be expected to act as the liaison between Design and the broader business and help bridge gaps between business goals and user needs, manage communication with our partner teams, and ensure we’re maximizing what Design can successfully achieve as well as to connect stakeholders to the design process.
- Will be an active participant in the design process, applying strong pragmatic, analytical, and tactical skills to help deliver products that benefit our global Card Members and employees.
- A design manager serves as a ringmaster, connecting the dots, anticipating & avoiding roadblocks
- Participate in Weekly Directors and Senior Leadership meetings
- Will require a high level of emotional intelligence and know how to resolve issues (and know when to escalate) and gain consensus amongst various stakeholders.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2018, 4:18:44 PM