American Express Careers
Engineering Director - GMNST
- Card Network Authorizations/Routing, Clearing and Settlement.
- ATM, Debit, Credit and Push Payment Transactions.
- Platform Engineering and Foundational Capabilities of distributed systems
- High Availability, Resiliency and Performance Engineering.
- You will be responsible for building aspects of distributed transaction processing infrastructure. Leading and engaging a team that builds high throughput systems.
- You will constantly pursue and learn industry leading solutions. Build high awareness of open-source technologies and communities that enable high volume low latency systems.
- Lead a culture of innovation and experimentation, support full software development lifecycle that incorporates best of technology approaches and delivery methodologies.
- Engage with developers on day to day activities and help in review of design, coding and the SDLC tasks, stepping into code where and if needed.
- Ensure on time product releases that are of high quality, enabling the core vision on next generation transaction processing systems/card network.
- Promote a fun and high engagement culture, with a results orientated focus. Hire, mentor, motivate and retain the best talent.
- You have Computer Science / Information Systems degree, or equivalent with at-least 8+ years of work experience.
- Have built and delivered large scale enterprise applications/products and have extensive hands-on experience. Preferably delivered and supported the product as cloud/SAS service.
- Experience building highly available and low latency systems performant distributed systems. Experience building and deploying systems in service oriented architecture and/or micro-services architecture systems.
- Experience in Linux cloud (Kubernetes) environment supporting applications built using language like Java, Go, Node.js and NoSQL databases like Couchbase, Cassandra, Redis.
- Experience attracting, hiring and retaining top engineering talent.
- Have experience leading engineering teams and agile methodologies, have enabled DevOps mindset, processes and tools.
- Ability to learn and deep dive into new technology and business domains, question status quo and think outside of the box.
- Excellent judgment and constant pursuit of higher standards, a passion to build and champion high efficiency teams.
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills. Create and deliver effective presentations to Senior Leadership.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2018, 10:20:16 AM