American Express Careers
- Join a burgeoning team of software engineers working on some of the most exciting projects at Amex.
- Build next-generation API platforms and green-field horizontally-scalable cloud-native applications.
- Conceive, Code, Test, CI/CD, AUTOMATE ALL THE THINGS!
- Mentor junior Developers and get them up to speed through pair-programming, etc.
- Extend your reach and grow, mastering an ever-evolving Tech-stack.
- Empower the business to invent new powerful products, as we integrate machine-learning and other aspects of AI into the Amex Core.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
You–in a nutshell:
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- You might have a Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline, or maybe you have tons of hard-won experience. If you have the skills, let's talk!
- You will hit the ground running, immersing yourself in our team culture. Our team demands excitement and camaraderie–we WALK together, and we ROCK together.
- You are willing to learn new technologies, interrupt old patterns, try on new hats, and help your teammates succeed!
- We code mostly Java around here so you'll need to be fluent in this before you start. We also do a little Python. If you are an expert in another discipline, let's talk!
- Comfortable with modern software development practices and trends.
- Be into open source, and understand how to include in projects.
- Data stores: we use Oracle, Couchbase, MongoDB, Redis, etc., etc.
- We build CLOUD-NATIVE applications! Familiarity with PaaS is helpful, as is Docker.
- We automate everything around here, and have a ZERO-TOLERANCE policy on inefficient processes. We insist that you feel the same way, and are willing to DELIVER on this!
Tell Us WHY
* Include with your job application, a paragraph explaining why YOU are the perfect person for this job. Put this in the top of your resume/CV.*
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2019, 10:13:22 AM