American Express Careers
Senior Manager, Strategic Growth & Acceleration Global Commercial Service – Europe
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
The commercial banking, payments and lending landscape is rapidly evolving with new entrants coming to market with innovative offerings based on new business models. As part of the Global Commercial Service (GCS) strategy, we are focused on growing Strategic Partnerships to help us maximize our ability to take advantage of new opportunities in the marketplace and help us to diversify our business.
More recently, there has been significant progress in developing a sustainable supplier payments business in GCS and the team has led innovative initiatives such as launching Credit Insurance in Europe, evolving our pricing strategy and expanding our product footprint across the region.
As Manager of the Supplier Payments Strategic Partnerships team, you will be responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of the Credit Insurance program for GCS in EMEA. This role will be the point of contact for leadership in EMEA and will be required to socialize the concept and problem solve any challenges that arise during the project.
You will be required to work closely with all relevant key stakeholders such as Risk, Finance, Pricing, GCS Field, GMS, GSN, DS&I, Marketing, and Product Management.
- Managing complex commercial negotiations with various insurers
- Developing a go to market plan including training and socialising the initiative across the entire GCS EMEA Field organisation
- Ensuring that insurer requirements are implemented in risk processes and decision points throughout the customer lifecycle (acquisition, customer management and collections). This will include working with colleagues throughout EMEA to ensure market specific requirements are captured.
- Leading the evolution of the programme to cater to specific market needs within EMEA
- Develop and maintain portfolio reporting for the EMEA region. This will include analysis to understand the drivers of financial performance and identify future opportunities
- Ongoing management and development for an Executive in Strategic Growth & Acceleration
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Track record of implementing process related projects across diverse teams and markets
- Quantitative skills with the ability to download/manipulate data and interpret results to deliver thought leadership and insightful analysis.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and strong relationship building skills
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment
- Self-starters, ideally with experience working with external vendors and managing those relationships
- Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence others
- Strong customer focus and sales spirit
- Ability to prioritize, meet challenging deadlines and perform under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable to work in a high-paced growth environment
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 25, 2018, 8:56:47 AM