American Express Careers
Market Compliance Officer France H/F
The Market Compliance Officer (MCO) is in charge of driving the Company’s culture to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and Company policies and to meet the expectations of regulators.
The MCO leads the Compliance function in the market and is the principle lead for the Compliance program in the French market.
This person will report to the Vice President EMEA Compliance.
The position is responsible for leading the following tasks:
- Compliance Program/ Policies: Developing and/or assists the business in the development and maintenance of compliance-related policies. Ensures the compliance program is documented in compliance manuals and procedures, and regularly updated and maintained
- Training/ Communications: Coordinates, and as necessary, develops and conducts customized training and communication plans to meet legal entity needs
- Advisory: Advising the business on compliance-related matters, including but not limited to the regulatory implications of new and existing products, services and processes; resolution of compliance-related incidents and gaps; enhancements to the Entity’s compliance framework; and the review/approval of business activities as appropriate
- Compliance Risk Assessment: Designs and conducts / oversees compliance risk assessments to identify and assist the business in mitigating regulatory risks
- Identifying and communicate to the Subsidiary Governance Committee members new or material changes in regulation and laws, which impact the business activities and affairs of the Subsidiary
- Monitoring / Testing: Conducts independent compliance monitoring and testing of business level controls and provides advice for the business to mitigate control gaps
- Anti Money Laundering: Manages the anti-money laundering compliance program in the market consistent with the American Express Global Anti-Money Laundering Policy, market and/or business specific anti-money laundering programs, policies and procedures and applicable laws, regulations and rules. The MCO is the Anti Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO). In this role the MLRO is responsible for, among other things, transaction monitoring and filing suspicious transactions to the FIU [Financial Intelligence Unit] ( the AML Authority)
- Sanctions: managing the sanctions and PEPs (politically exposed persons) programs consistent with the American Express Global Sanctions and PEPs policies, market and/or business specific sanctions and PEPs programs, policies and procedures and applicable laws, regulations and rules
- Data Protection: supporting the EU Data Protection Officer in the management of the data privacy program in the French market
- Regulatory early warning: Ensures, along with the legal function, that there is a process in place to identify changes in relevant legislation, regulatory environment or changes in the business that have compliance –related implications
- Regulatory Relations: Acts as a contact point and a liaison with the regulators (Banking Regulator, Data Privacy Agency, Financial Investigation Unit). Coordinates and, as necessary, manages supervisory and regulatory examinations and audits
- Corporate Governance: Participates in local governance bodies, provides compulsory Compliance reporting to such bodies and provides Amex Compliance program presentation to such bodies, as appropriate.
- Manages implementation of Anti-Corruption activities as directed by Enterprise Compliance and according to local legal requirements
- Provide Compliance update to the Risk Committee and organize AML committees
- Reporting: Reports to senior management and the Board / Governance Committee as appropriate, the Compliance plan, performed activities such as results of second line of defense monitoring and testing, compliance-related risks and risk indicators, and the escalation of compliance issues and incidents
- Continuing education; stays current on compliance topics by attending events, seminars and meetings arranged by the professional associations;
- Managing a team of 3 Compliance officers
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Must have regulatory Compliance, controls, risk management, audit experience, with working knowledge of credit card operations
- Relevant experience in implementing emerging legal requirements
- Strong project management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to converse with management on all levels regarding controls, infrastructure, risk management
- Ability to think outside the box and challenge the status quo. Strong analytical skills to figure out how to use data/metrics we have to measure and monitor the risks in the organization
- Ability to pull together complex and sometimes ambiguous elements of a project or initiative into a cohesive and clear design and communication for actioning by multiple stakeholders, including stakeholders across multiple countries
- Experience in supporting governance work with the Board of Directors and Risk Committees
- Experience in working with internal audits and regulatory reviews
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Language : French and English
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2018, 10:57:48 AM