American Express Careers
Risk Finance Manager - US Consumer
The Risk Management Finance team is responsible for the planning, forecasting, and analysis of worldwide Loss Provision and Credit Reserves. RIM Finance provides credit-related decision support to Risk Management, Global Servicing Network, regional Finance teams, and the business teams on underwriting, customer management, and credit and collections activities.
The team closely partners with Risk Management, Marketing & Finance teams to provide linkages between customer behaviors and credit provision. This Manager position will have broad exposure across AXP, including Chief Credit Officers, Finance LFO’s and Marketing leadership. As such, excellent communication skills are necessary to tailor complex messages to the appropriate audience.
- Provide analytical support for the US Consumer Chief Credit Officer within Risk and Information Management Group (RIM), as well as the US Consumer Business LFO/DSCOE Team.
- Provide decision-support, with a strong emphasis on developing analytics that identify trends in the portfolio which can be used to optimize Business and Risk decisions.
- Develop and present business cases (CBA’s), in partnership with RIM, for new projects and initiatives
- Manage forecasting and analysis of Loss Provision and Credit Reserves for the US Card Portfolio.
- Provide credit related analytical support for major business initiatives.
- Build core competency in analyzing data at the customer level (primarily via SQL).
- Develop and present key analyses and monthly provision results to senior management.
- Successful candidate will have proactive "can do" attitude and strong background in financial analysis.
- Must be able to synthesize complex concepts, involving large quantities of data, into understandable business solutions, and demonstrate thought leadership in developing value added analyses.
- Must be results driven and proactive with the ability to manage multiple projects and work within tight timelines.
- Able to think strategically and have the relationship skills necessary to partner and drive results in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to present on a regular basis to senior management.
- Previous card/risk management experience and/or 3+ years work experience.
- Working knowledge of SQL is required.
- Working knowledge of SAS is a plus, but not required.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2018, 12:34:05 PM