American Express Careers
Senior Instructional Designer
The Global Field Enablement (GFE) team within the Global Commercial Services division of American Express is charged with driving field productivity for our 4,000 global field Sales and Account Development employees through field training, communications, and effective go-to-market strategies. We’re seeking a strategic and passionate Instructional Designer to drive exponential growth in our field productivity through the development of best-in-class learning and development programs.
Responsible for collaborating with a variety of key stakeholder from key business lines on how to best develop and implement learning solutions in Global Commercial Solutions. Uses instructional systems design principles and adult learning theory to analyze, design, develop and implement blended learning solutions that support the business/ performance goals. Works under general direction supporting multiple market segments. This role requires in office presence.
- Follow the project life cycle/ADDIE and adult learning theory to deliver training solutions and plans for the Global New Hire onboarding program and tenured training programs
- Collaborate with key project stakeholders to analyze learning needs, recommends learning solutions or instructor-led delivery as appropriate and implements program roll-out
- Design and develop interactive instructional in person, virtual, or on-demand (video, job aid, eLearning) material including learning objectives, simulation scenarios, story boards, detailed facilitator scripts and guides and valid/reliable assessments
- Develop and manage project plans in alignment within timeframes and budget
- Research, recommend, and assist with the implementation of e-learning courses. Acts as an expert resource with the design, delivery and integration of e-learning with Learning Management System (LMS)
- Partner with and manage vendors for the building of outsourced assets (e.g. eLearning, translations)
- Provide logistical support for training to include reserving rooms, compiling reports and tracking, ordering materials and other ad hoc support
- Experience in instructional design concepts and strategies, preferably with the ADDIE Methodology
- Relationship management and stakeholder influencing skills and ability to work with project team-level members and senior stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and project management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, matrixed environment
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2018, 3:37:57 PM