American Express Careers
We are looking for:
- A hands-on Software Engineer with high energy and eager to grow technically.
- Understanding of Enterprise Integration Patterns and Reactive Patterns.
- Strong communication skills.
- A strategic thinker, capable to clearly illustrate and sell ideas while managing risk.
- Responsible for developing proof of concepts, curate tech frameworks and ship software components that will be used as the backbone for the platform and used by tenths of developers.
- Expertise in the definition and implementation of effective software engineering practices and processes that result in high speed to market: i.e. open source style project developers, PR review process, issue triage, code reviews, code contribution metrics definition, test automation strategy, CI/CD optimization, etc.
This high energy Engineer is expected to have:
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience and strong concepts in design and development of Enterprise grade applications using Java, Python or C++
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and application development.
- Understanding of Big data / NOSQL design and development with variety of data stores (document, column family, graph, etc.) and experience with Couchbase and Cassandra database systems is a plus.
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning technologies is a plus.
- Substantial experience in an agile enterprise setting.
- Microservice frameworks: Spring Boot, Dropwizard, Vert.x
- Maven/Gradle, CI/CD tools (Jenkins, GIT and deployment tools), Logging concepts and ELK/Splunk, Junit/TestNG/Spock/Mockito.
- Concepts in Cloud app. development (Openshift/AWS, Docker, vagrant etc.).
- Distributed caches like Redis, In Memory Computing (Ignite/Gridgain).
- Drools or other Rules management system.
- Skills in test automation (Selenium, Rest Easy, LISA) and testing tools (Jmeter/Gatling).
- Monitoring and dashboarding tools Graphite or Graphana.
- Message Streaming (Solace, Kafka).
- Demonstrated experience with advanced Git usage (project maintainer level). Ability to solve complex merges and code integrations.
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software.
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design.
- Previous exposure to Domain Driven Design a plus.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 13, 2018, 11:54:46 AM