American Express Careers
Partner Manager – Global Merchant & Network Services (GM&NS)
The Partner Management team within GM&NS manages a range of important partners across Europe with the aim to grow the American Express merchant coverage footprint through the use of merchant recruitment and servicing models.
This position within the Partner Management team is responsible for managing key merchant recruitment and processing partners in the Central and Eastern European region. The role presents an exciting opportunity for a successful business development professional to shape and execute the merchant coverage strategy in these countries.
The role will report to the Director – CEE Partner Management.
- Direct management of external recruitment and processing partners in CEE and responsible for all aspects of Partner Management including:
- Accountability for delivering key business metrics – including number of merchants, volume, and revenue.
- Driving the partner(s) to deliver targeted business from engaged and active merchants.
- Providing consultancy to the partner(s) to ensure that best practices are shared and employed by them as well as driving key activities across all partners as part of the wider Partner Management team.
- Ensuring that partner practices are aligned to contract via direct project and process management.
- Managing updates and revisions to the contracts for commercial as well as regulatory purposes.
- Delivery of training to partner sales teams on the American Express Value Proposition and how to grow Amex acceptance with prospective Merchants.
- Potential new partner(s) – if required – research and identify new partner(s) including the negotiation of commercial and contractual terms.
- Stakeholder Management – in addition to working closely with internal business stakeholders across the American Express matrix organization, the role requires a high degree of alignment within internal departments.
- Providing strategic thought leadership in developing and deploying future acquiring and pricing strategies to deliver improved Amex coverage across the region.
- Ensuring up to date knowledge of the external acquiring landscape, anticipating changes and deploying appropriate actions.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Track record of managing external partners and driving results through commercial relationships.
- Strong commercial acumen with a strategic perspective and the ability to create and implement the vision for the portfolio.
- Prior negotiations exposure gained through complex cross-market projects.
- Excellent communication skills and able to synthesise complex data in to manageable actions.
- Excellent influencing skills with ability to interact with internal and external audiences across all levels.
- Strong Process and Project Management skills, with experience of tracking task level activities.
- Ability to build and leverage internal and external relationships with experience of working through a complex matrix structure.
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and analytical prowess.
- Highly resilient, able to drive results in challenging business environments.
- High degree of cultural sensitivity.
- Fluent English speaker – additional languages desirable.
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 2, 2018, 7:30:33 AM