American Express Careers
Infrastructure Engineer - Converged Infrastructure
The Infrastructure Engineer I will be responsible for the end to end technical support of all network platforms in the Global Network Operations Center. This position plays an integral role in evaluating, deploying, and leveraging monitoring platforms to increase network stability and to ensure a high level of network availability. This role will be expected to collaborate with application and infrastructure teams in order to provide the highest level of support for the business.
• Provide hands on technical support, analysis, and issue resolution for network infrastructure and network services.
• Optimize network performance via analyzing, tuning, and monitoring. Evaluate existing network performance to identify deficiencies and make performance recommendations.
• Evaluate and develop new network monitoring capabilities.
• Provide network support for complex issues related to applications, servers, databases, storage and/or any other technical service.
• 4 plus years of experience in supporting large scale corporate/datacenter networks.
• Strong knowledge in routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP.
• Strong knowledge in switching technologies like spanning tree, port channels, and virtual port channels.
• Good understanding of protocols like TCP, UDP, and IP.
• Experience with routing and switching platforms like Cisco 6500, Cisco 4500, Cisco 7200, Cisco ASR 1000, Cisco 3850, Cisco Nexus 7000, Nexus 5000 and Nexus 2000.
• Good understanding of security infrastructure like Firewalls, IPSEC/SSL VPNs
• Must be willing to learn new technologies while being able to adapt to a fast pace service driven environment.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the field of networking.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Experience with network access controllers such as Intellinac and/or MegaNac
• Experience with supporting network services such as DNS and NTP
• Experience with network monitoring tools such as CA Spectrum, Performance Center, and Splunk
• Experience with F5 and Citrix Application delivery controllers
• Experience with Riverbed and Cisco Wan accelerators
• Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, or Perl are a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2018, 2:26:06 PM