American Express Careers
Product Manager-Customer Experience and Performance
The Issuer Point of Sale Capabilities team is a part of GCSG’s Enterprise Digital & Analytics organization. Our team is the Product owner for the American Express SafeKey product for proprietary issued cards which is one of the best 3DS implementations in the world.
SafeKey is a digital commerce shopping capability that interacts with millions of our Cardmembers across all 30 proprietary markets and is responsible for over $1.5 Billion in spend each month. It helps Consumer and Corporate Cardmembers avoid the friction of authorization declines and merchant cancelled/suppressed transactions by authenticating the transaction and guaranteeing it to the merchant against fraud.
Our team is focused on constantly evolving SafeKey’s capabilities, the ideal Cardmember journey, and thwarting fraudsters at the same time.
This role is a great opportunity for a motivated, high performer to become part of the rapidly evolving and continually growing business area of consumer and corporate digital payments. This fast paced role is focused on product experience and performance. The primary goals are centered around growing Cardmember spend and maximizing the SafeKey interaction by delivering fantastic checkout experiences to our Cardmembers.
The successful candidate will drive improvement in SafeKey’s various performance metrics by owning the strategies, capabilities, and developments associated with these metrics. Primary levers to improve our metrics are creating/modifying big data behavior variables, decision engine rules, partnering with Fraud Risk Management, and Cardmember Marketing. They will also have product owner responsibility for our infrastructure development scrum team.
The candidate will need:
- A strong analytical skill set to collaborate with our analytics teams as well as independently query, manipulate, and interpret data to drive decisions/priorities.
- A creative mindset to devise new A/B test strategies and personalized journey opportunities by bringing together data and a Cardmember experience perspective, unafraid to challenge conventional wisdom.
- A comfort level with technology to understand how the product works and unlock what it is capable of
- An ability to maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid, creative solutions are the norm, and prioritizing efforts is critical
- To build relationships and collaborate with colleagues in Analytics, Marketing, UI/UX, Fraud Risk, Membership Rewards, Cardmember Benefits and Lending
- A desire to constantly learn and continually evolve strategies
- To solve complex problems and navigate uncharted territory
- Independent and self-motivated, capable of executing under uncertainty with multiple priorities, in a dynamic environment
- Ability to pull and manipulate basic data independently and with direction from our analytics team
- Experience managing a decision engine rule set
- Innate curiosity, creativity, and ability to thrive in a highly ambiguous space
- Excellent complex problem solving skills, analytical skills, and a strong level of comfort with data-driven decision making and technical concepts.
- Ability to develop relationships with multiple business partners and be able to influence without authority in order to drive results.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong focus on user experience
- Able to independently drive large-size tasks and projects on a global scale
- Knowledge of online shopping and other commerce concepts/capabilities
- Experience with data tools – SQL query tools, Hive, etc
- Bachelor’s Degree; Business or Technology related fields is desired
- Experience with Cornerstone (Big Data) and/or Teradata
- Experience working in an AGILE framework
- Experience working with a decision engine ruleset
- Experience working with software developers and engineers, with a strong ability to translate product requirements succinctly and ensure technology deliverables are built with high quality, and per original specification
- Understanding of digital payment capabilities like EMV 3DS and emerging payment technologies
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 4, 2018, 2:07:39 PM