American Express Careers
Site Reliability Engineering Developer (SRE)
Don’t just follow digital trends, Help create one.
We’re looking for a (SRE) Site Reliability Engineering Developer to work within the Global Mobile Engineering organization and contribute to an Engineering team responsible for mobile app performance, availability and reliability.
You’ll be expected to work with several Technology partners, and Product Managers to help actively identify areas of opportunity within the availability platform and build a vision for the next generation platform, technology and constant innovations. In addition you will engage in hands-on design and ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects. You will be responsible for opening up the boundaries in monitoring, tooling, and resolving in our efforts to maximize the performance and availability of our mobile applications.
You should be familiar with modern Software Development methodologies, and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity. Make no mistake – this is an opportunity to work in one of the best Technology units which help lead risk for American Express and influence how millions of people interact with their cards, their merchants and their money.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- University degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent significant experience
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Detailed understanding of application flows, Proactive monitoring needs of production systems
- In-depth knowledge of ITIL concepts such as Incident, Change, Problem management and support procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners and technology teams
- Very strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills with the ability to resolve infrastructure (cloud) and application issues in Production environment
- Direct application monitoring and work towards implementing automated monitoring scripts
- Expertise with Splunk programming - writing queries, building dashboards, configuring alerts, and reports
- Strong knowledge and experience with Linux System Engg and scripting languages utilizing solid coding practices (code re-use, functions, comments) – Python, Perl and Shell
- Strong development/support experience with Java, Kotlin, or Swift
- Experience in Development and maintenance of iOS and Android apps
- Experience on integration and usage of Mobile APM tools like Fabric, Sentre, MixPanel, App Dynamics etc. to analyze mobile app crashes preferred
- Deployment and troubleshooting experience on JBOSS and Node JS
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and dedication to deadlines
- Experience in Reliability space and tools
- Experience in building dashboard and tools
- Experience with Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience working with Jenkins and any open source CICD tools, network load balancers such as Big IP f5 and design/development of iRules.
- Experience on modern databases (Redis, Couchbase ..)
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2018, 9:27:27 AM