American Express Careers
Automated Quality Engineer (12 month contract)
You know more than the code, you know quality.
Our Quality Engineers understand that “good enough” is never enough. They are authorities in automation, testing and quality assurance. And they are driven to continuously raise the bar – ensuring that only the highest quality code is released. Because that is what our business and our customers depend on.
If you join our Technology group, you will be become part of one of many exciting teams that are developing new virtual Internet-based payment solutions, customer service portals, online merchant services support and integration, credit management tools or suites of web-based applications for Card Member targeted offers that will span over 20 international markets.
Do you see the details and the big picture?
Quality doesn’t happen by accident. It takes deep knowledge and a passionate pursuit of excellence. As a Automated Quality Engineer on our team, you’ll:
- Work with engineers to drive improvements in code quality via manual and automated testing
- Develop test plans, testing resource requirements, and scheduling of testing activity
- Execute test cases/scripts, including Systems Integration, Regression, and Performance Testing
- Drive development of automation and testing in a CD/CI environment
- Find opportunities to adopt creative testing technologies and techniques
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Are you up for the test?
We'd love to hear from you if you have some of the following skills:
- Experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and confirmed ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
- Solid experience in a behavior driven development framework such as Cucumber; automated system integration testing; regression testing; GUI testing for example with Selenium; web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
- Experience with Agile would be an advantage.
At the core of Quality Engineering
- Every member of our team strives to work following technical, functional, leadership and business qualities, including:
- Agile Practices
- Programming/Software Development
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- Analytical Thinking
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Problem solving
Why American Express?
Talk to us and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an extraordinary place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2018, 10:16:21 AM