American Express Careers
Manager-Account Development (AIA)
- Manage and deepen merchant relationships in a portfolio of 275 clients through phone and email communication.
- Uncover opportunities for growth and drive expansion of Amex card acceptance with our merchants.
- Understand and communicate the merchant value proposition to our clients.
- Understand and stay abreast of payment industry happenings, competitive insights and economic impacts.
- Leverage the “closed loop” by utilizing internal reporting and insights in a compelling way to strengthen the value of Amex acceptance.
- Take an active role in the evolution and future development of Small Merchant and CCLM
- Handle escalated issues and annual compliance and regulatory activities.
- Effectively communicate pricing constructs and value of Amex acceptance for our merchants.
- Strong financial acumen, understanding of business financials and ability to create a financial business case.
- The core job responsibilities will be conducted over the phone, and will require excellent phone presence and strong verbal communication.
- Demonstrated success in pipeline management as well as strategic account and portfolio planning.
- 4+ years successful business development experience with a proven ability to drive top results.
- Strong sales skills including negotiation, influencing and collaboration skills.
- Intuitive and investigative abilities to uncover at risk and suppression behavior.
- Strong will to succeed and a positive, tenacious attitude.
- Ability to deal with clients across all markets/industries.
- This is a virtual position and candidates must reside in Phoenix, AZ for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 3, 2018, 3:33:10 PM