American Express Careers
Senior UX Designer - Digital Workplace
Our UX designers know it’s not enough to help people get things done, you need to help them get it done in the best way possible. If you’re in to designing a better journey for every user from beginning to end, start here. After all, we’re the company that built our entire business on delivering the highest possible levels of customer satisfaction.
As a part of our fast-moving, agile team, you’ll be responsible for the user experience, including:
- Transforming ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into desirable outcomes for our users.
- Creating detailed wireframes, information architecture diagrams, mental models, personae’s, usability testing stimulus, and site maps.
- Working closely with colleagues to brainstorm and create concepts for mobile, tablet and desktop environments.
- Being a passionate advocate for the user and incorporate customer insights and principles throughout the creative process.
- 6 years of UX / Interaction experience designing consumer facing applications, websites and mobile experiences
- Fluency with design tools, most notably OmniGraffle, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Invision and/or other UX & prototyping software
- Ability to simplify and turn complex interactions into intuitive user experiences
- Ability to synthesize and focus ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into tangible assets for users
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Iterative Product Design Planning and Development
- Design Thinking
- Information Architecture
- Interaction Design
- Design Industry Trends
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Problem Solving
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2018, 1:06:49 PM