American Express Careers
The Internal Audit Group (IAG) is comprised of assurance and risk professionals with diverse backgrounds including internal controls, consumer compliance, technology, operational risk, financial accounting and banking operations. The IAG organization consists of various audit teams aligned with the business units and staff groups along with a professional practice and quality assurance team and a reporting and regulator relations team. All teams report into the General Auditor who reports directly to the American Express Company Audit and Risk Committee and administratively to the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
Responsibilities of the staff/senior auditor include:
- Assisting audit leaders, team leaders, senior managers, and managers in accomplishing audit objectives in a team environment;
- Documenting business processes under review;
- Identifying, understanding, documenting, and evaluating key risks and controls;
- Executing audit test work competently, in accordance with IAG's established policies and procedures, professional and ethical standards, while maintaining necessary independence and with moderate supervision;
- Using automated work papers and other department and company tools; and
- Maintaining internal audit competencies through ongoing professional development and training activities.
One to five years' experience in the banking industry, ideally within internal audit, external audit, public accounting, compliance, or other relevant-business discipline;
BA or BS in Auditing, Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field;
Professional certification (CIA, CPA, CRCM, CAMS, CISA, or equivalent) is preferred;
Understanding of inherent risk, the application of controls, assessment or testing of control design and operational effectiveness, and professional auditing practices;
Ability to think analytically, to assess business processes for control gaps, to identify themes, trends, or other transactional patterns;
Strong interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interact professionally with individuals at various levels of management, and to present control analyses and recommendations logically and clearly;
Strong written communication skills, including the ability to clearly and professionally document business processes, control functions, and assessments thereof;
Demonstrated track record of integrity, innovation, personal growth, and teamwork;
Ability to travel.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2018, 8:28:32 PM