American Express Careers
- Leads Technical teams from in continuously improving Technology platform and delivery value - owns all Technical aspects of software development for assigned applications; performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems.
- Works within a team of Engineers to identify application and product architecture in support of the product roadmap.
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Works closely with Product owners on blueprints and annual planning of feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products.
- Interacts with Business Partners to share and direct architecture practices that may affect business solution delivery.
- Ensures key technical design documentation is completed to a high standard.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to American Express Technologies (AET) standards and guidelines.
- Manages and mentors teams of Junior and Senior Engineers through ongoing development efforts.
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
- Support the platform in a DevOps model.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, followed by 10+ years of progressively responsible experience w/ Java/J2EE .
- Demonstrated experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages Java, J2EE, Big Data Components/ Frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, HBase, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Oozie, etc) and other AJAX tools/ Frameworks.
- Understanding and experience with UNIX / Shell scripting
- Experience building workflows, resource management and arbitration, job scheduling, distributed and failover applications with platform centric model supporting multi-tenancy applications
- Experience with implementing integrated automated release management using tools/technologies/frameworks like Maven, Subversion, code/security review tools, etc.
- Requires advanced to expert-level knowledge and understanding of architecture, applications systems design and integration, with a detailed understanding of applicable programming methodologies.
- Understanding of Machine Learning and model development framework
- Knowledge of Angular JS, React JS, REST APis, JSON & XML protocols.
- Must demonstrate experience w/testing frameworks, including Junit.
- Extensive experience using a systems analysis and design methodology and an excellent understanding of industry trends and tools.
- Hands-on ability to build quick prototype/visuals to assist with high level product concepts and epic stories.
- Demonstrated experience with third parties to drive solution design is a plus.
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2018, 8:06:01 AM