American Express Careers
Account Protection Specialist - American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
This position is responsible for providing excellent service to our valued U.S. card members whose accounts have potential fraud activity. As an Account Protection Specialist you will be responsible for building relationships with our customers. This role will involve making outbound or inbound calls, in order to identify fraudulent charges. The role also involves reviewing fraud claims from Card members, and servicing transaction level credit and fraud related inbound calls from merchants
- Making a pro-active attempt to identify fraudulent charges via inbound and outbound calls
- Answer inbound calls from Card members and set up/action fraud cases on calls
- Review fraud claims from Card members. Upon review, a decision needs to be made to either accept the claim from the Card member or reject it for payment of the balance owed and eventually making a contact with the merchant through correspondence. Subsequently, necessary maintenance to the account is required, to send appropriate correspondence and make financial adjustments to either parties and notate the account.
- Service transaction level credit and fraud related inbound calls from merchants and cardmembers
- Detect and minimize credit and fraud risk whilst enabling profitable spend at the same time
- Real time, transaction level credit and fraud risk assessments
- Point of Sale (POS) approval
- Charge reversals
- Resolve cases within the assigned empowerment limit
- Has a proven ability to provide exceptional customer service to our card members/merchants, by demonstrating empathy, building rapport, active listening and showing understanding
- Utilize their knowledge of products and service to provide positive solutions
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to make accurate decisions
- Communicates in a professional manner, leading the conversations with the card members/merchants towards a mutually beneficial outcome
- Drives results, gains personal satisfaction from achieving quality outcomes for the organization
- Can provide quality service within specified department targets
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Good time management and prioritizing of tasks
- Ability to work within a busy and demanding team environment
American Express Recruitment Center
Level 28 Bonifacio One Technology Tower
3030 Rizal Drive corner 31st Street
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
Walk In Hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 17, 2018, 10:47:50 PM