American Express Careers
Controllership Finance Manager
This position is responsible to oversee and supervise the American Express Japan legal entities’ financial Statuary Statements.
The incumbent is required to have a solid understanding of US GAAP and local GAAP Financial Reporting Standards and be able to work with senior management. Present the financial statements to the relevant Board of Directors and Executive Committees.
- Review and supervise the preparation of the Financial statement
- Review and supervise the preparation of audit schedules
- Liaise with external auditors and corporate secretary
- Manage the audit relationship to deliver an efficient and effective audit
- Adhoc finance and business related projects
- Review and supervise various local and US financial regulatory reporting across all legal entities
- Partner with Compliance and other stakeholders in the implementation of new regulatory reporting requirements
- Minimum of 6 years finance accounting experience ideally with external experience in the Big 4 accounting firms
- CA/CPA qualified
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and Local GAAP, Financial Reporting Standards and of legal entity governance
- Strong English and Japanese language communication skills
- Results driven and ability to work in a fast paced, global business environment
- Able to communicate key messages clearly, succinctly and with confidence to all level including senior management
- Strong collaborator and relationship building ability.
- Strong analytical, factual and reasoning skills
- Good presentation skills with executive presence and ability to present to Senior Leaders with confidence.
- Be flexible, enthusiastic, able to perform under pressure and meet deadlines in a demanding environment
- Ability to write concise and effective documents, translate technical information to a non-technical accounting audience and confidently present to Senior Management
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 20, 2018, 6:57:02 AM