American Express Careers
Java Engineer In Test
The Loyalty & Benefits Platform is part of the larger Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence where product and engineering resources have been organizationally brought together to improve speed to market and further unlock value across core capabilities. Loyalty & Benefits Platform serves a broad set of products and solutions across the enterprise that require close collaboration with colleagues who develop new card products, digital channels, marketing operations, membership rewards, co-brand programs, card benefits, insurance, analytics, operations excellence and servicing. We focus on powering both new product offerings as well as existing ones to build highly configurable core capabilities as it relates to account attributes, customer enrolment, offer & program set-up, qualification, tracking, redemption, fulfilment, channel & partner integrations of various Loyalty & Benefits products for our customers.
Aligning to AXP’s framework for winning, we will power the world’s best loyalty & benefit experiences for our customers with a team of passionately productive software product, engineering and delivery talent using agile practices to build highly available, nimble, extensible & modern applications collaborating across the enterprise. Our platform will transform to enable value working with colleagues across servicing, global digital channels, products and partnerships, ensuring we can remain competitive and relevant in our customer’s lives.
- Development of automation and testing in a CD/CI environment
- Drive opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques
- Work with other engineers to drive improvements in code quality via automated testing
- Develop test plans, testing resource requirements, and scheduling of testing activity
- Execute test cases/scripts, including Systems Integration, Regression, and Performance Testing
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of test automation
- Java engineering expertise with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
- Solid experience in Cucumber, BDD, TDD, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing
- Experience with Agile and the accompanying mindset
- Finding joy in solving problems for others and helping teams learn about test automation
- Great communication and presentation skills to share best practices with other teams
- The insight to notice opportunities for automation and the initiative to drive the solution
- The ability to see and to understand the larger context in which your team works and to craft solutions within that context
- Adaptability to changes in processes, organizational structures and business conditions
- A strong belief in your personal responsibility for ensuring quality craftsmanship
- An open, collaborative spirit
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2018, 10:12:29 AM