American Express Careers
Senior DevOps/Build & Release Engineer
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
The Loyalty & Benefits Platform is part of the larger Enterprise Platforms Centre of Excellence where product and engineering resources have been organisationally brought together to improve speed to market and further unlock value across core capabilities. Loyalty & Benefits Platform serves a broad set of products and solutions across the enterprise that require close collaboration with colleagues who develop new card products, digital channels, marketing operations, membership rewards, co-brand programs, card benefits, insurance, analytics, operations excellence and servicing. We focus on powering both new product offerings as well as existing ones to build highly configurable core capabilities as it relates to account attributes, customer enrolment, offer & program set-up, qualification, tracking, redemption, fulfilment, channel & partner integrations of various Loyalty & Benefits products for our customers.
Aligning to AXP’s framework for winning, we will power the world’s best loyalty & benefit experiences for our customers with a team of passionately productive software product, engineering and delivery talent using agile practices to build highly available, nimble, extensible & modern applications collaborating across the enterprise. Our platform will transform to enable value working with colleagues across servicing, global digital channels, products and partnerships, ensuring we can remain competitive and relevant in our customer’s lives.
We are looking for a high performing and enthusiastic Senior DevOps/Build and Release Engineer to join the team in Global Loyalty Technology in Burgess Hill.
This role will partner closely with our product owners within a collaborative scrum team, in an environment which values interesting challenges, using best practice testing and automation, and prioritises your professional development.
As an Engineer, you will be a proactive person with a passion for helping drive change and improvement across the team.
- Recommend best practices for CI/CD and help teams build, maintain and improve their build, test, and deploy pipelines
- Own, manage and configure build and test infrastructure with tech including Git, Docker and XL Release
- Deploy changes to a fully configuration-as-code Jenkins cluster, tweaking and debugging pipelines, plugins, and more
- Reach out to other teams to share best practices and unblock issues
- Improve and maintain tools for logging, monitoring, alerting and operational metric dashboarding
- Work closely with developers and leaders to ensure team satisfaction.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Significant experience as a hands-on DevOps or software engineer
- Proficiency with scripting languages (shell, Python, Groovy, etc.) and system programming in Linux
- Hands-on experience with tools like Docker, Jenkins, Splunk, ELK, Grafana, Liquibase, Logstash and Elasticsearch
- Hands-on experience managing deployments in cloud infrastructure platforms
- Highly organized and able to multitask effectively
- Able to weigh several, often conflicting, constraints and make rapid decisions
- A thorough understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery
Also critical to your success:
- Finding joy in solving problems for others and helping teams learn about CI/CD processes and pipelines
- Great communication and presentation skills to share best practices with other teams
- The insight to notice problems in how we work, and the initiative to fix them
- The ability to see and to understand the larger context in which your team works and to craft solutions within that context
- Adaptability to changes in processes, organizational structures and business conditions
- A strong belief in your personal responsibility for ensuring quality craftsmanship
- An open, collaborative spirit.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2018, 3:42:34 AM