American Express Careers
Engineer - Java/J2EE
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful and fulfilling customer experience.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
- Writing, testing and implementing high-quality code to deliver on business requirements.
- Supporting requests from the Product Owner for enhancements to Treasury applications.
- Identifying opportunities to improve and simplify current code and reduce the technology cost.
- Contributing as a core member of an Agile team driving user story analysis and elaboration, design and development of Software applications, and testing.
- Providing support for ongoing application availability.
- Identifying opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- Experience with ReactJS, Bootstrap, and/or Spring Framework a plus.
- Talend and Python skills highly desirable.
- Experience with Oracle a plus.
- Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems.
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies. Takes pride in how fast they develop high-quality, working Software.
- Ability to effectively communicate across third parties, Technical, and Business Product Managers on solution design.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile development methods.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2018, 3:33:58 PM