American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative credit card and payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
Software Engineers that join our Technologies team can be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are developing new software solutions for card members that span over 20 international markets.
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world-class card member experiences across multiple business domains and integrating with a variety of technologies. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
• Performs all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications
• Functions as a member of an agile team and supports consistent development practices – tools, common components, and documentation
• Develops understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
• Writes code and unit tests, works on APIs, automation, and conducts code reviews and testing
• Performs ongoing refactoring of code, utilizes visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and deliver continuous improvement
• Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
• Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
• Works with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
• 5+ years of software development experience (Mainframe – COBOL, CICS, VSAM, JCL, PROCS)
• Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
• Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate
• Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
• Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions
• Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
• Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
• Looks proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
• High energy, demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies, and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
• Experience with VisionPlus, TSYS, MQ, REXX, CLIST, DB2 and CICSPlex is preferred
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2018, 4:04:17 PM