American Express Careers
Senior Engineer-Java/Access Managment
- hands-on engineering with strong development and coding experience such as Java, C/C++, or Mobile development applications, understanding of product strategy, translating user stories into successful product releases, and leading a team of engineers in an agile environment.
- Additionally, this position will be involved with delivering frameworks and automated solutions for integrations and development processes, and enabling adoption of security solutions across the enterprise.
- This individual will interact at multiple levels within American Express while demonstrating strong technical skills, thought leadership, and delivering on strategic goals.
- He or she will possess outstanding thought leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills.
- Serving as a core member of an engineering and development team that designs and develops security capabilities such as Authentication, Authorization including Multi-factor and biometric, Federation, and Mobile security.
- Functions as Senior member of an agile team and helps drive consistent development practices - tools, common components, and documentation
- Performs hands-on architecture, design, and development of systems
- Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements, based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Writing code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new security technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges.
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement.
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
- Conducts code reviews and builds test automation
- Debugs software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects Defines the integration build and produces a build definition for generation of the software in collaboration with the Architect
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces in collaboration with Architects and Infrastructure Engineers as necessary
- Contributing to teams for deployment, updates and maintenance of new or existing Infrastructure (servers, databases) and Commercial Off The Shelf Security solutions.
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Manages and mentors teams of engineers through ongoing development efforts
- Over 7+ years of experience in designing and implementing applications in a multi-tenant large datacenter environment and/or cloud computing environment
- 5+ years of Java/J2EE and C/C++.
- Technical competence in the needed technical areas: Java, J2EE, and Spring, REST services, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), XML, JSON, SOAP
- Experience with Microservices based architecture is a plus
- Has solid understanding of the SDLC process and follows the process to effectively develop and design solutions
- Experience in building scalable, high performing, and robust distributed Web applications.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle/manage multiple simultaneous priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Maintains knowledge of leading security engineering trends in order to evaluate solutions to meet changing security needs
- Experience creating technical documentation, including product documentation, technical frameworks and process best practices.
- Experience with some type of source control tools
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
- Proven Experience developing security capabilities such as Authentication, Authorization including Multi-factor and biometric, Federation, and Mobile security Strengths include:
- Experience developing distributed applications with database access, especially DB2, Oracle or LDAP Directory protocols.
- Experience in Developing and delivering security solutions using Identity and Access Management tools such as: CA Layer7, SiteMinder, or other Access Management tools.
- Identity lifecycle services, authentication and authorization, and security frameworks such as OAuth and SAML
- Experience and passion to work in a fast paced Agile environment.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field; advanced degree preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 16, 2018, 1:23:35 PM