American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Enterprise Cloud Platform
About American Express Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP):
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. eCP offers fast-paced rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
Ever wondered what it takes to build a highly available, global scale enterprise wide private Paas/Iaas cloud platform with an Open-Source technology stack and to achieve up-times SLA of Amazon, Google and Force.com?
You may want to consider this innovative and disruptive opportunity as a Sr. Engineer where you can be a key transformative contributor to a rock star engineering team which will deliver the next generation enterprise application platform (PaaS/IaaS) for American Express.
In this role, you will gain experience in building a scalable, secure, highly available infrastructure and platform-as-a-service (PaaS/IaaS) by using a variety of technologies such as OpenStack and OpenShift and get exposure to Open-Source projects such as Openshift, Kubernetes, Google Go, Docker and Vagrant, Hadoop 2.0, Spark, Storm.
You will work with a variety of programming languages such as Java, Node.js and Go (Golang) to enable mobile payment, web application and analytic developments. You will work with the best Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools to automate integration of Continuous delivery with IaaS/PaaS.
Furthermore, you will contribute to build developer and DevOps friendly tools that allow monitoring, diagnosing and debugging of the platform services and its hosted applications and you will design and implement a continuous platform delivery release model which enables high availability of services during platform releases and upgrades.
- Owns technical aspects of software development
- Performs hands-on architecture, design and development of systems
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
- Writes code and unit tests, works on API specs, automation, and conducts code reviews and testing
- Finds opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
- Works closely with product owners on feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products
- Works with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and runs a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
Are you up for the challenge?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- 5+ years of software development experience in anyone: Java, Python, Go, nodejs
- 5+ years of Linux Experience. Ideally contributed to Opensource projects
- Preferably, 2+ Years of Experience with any Container & Orchestration Technologies such as Docker, Rocket, CloudFoundry, Kubernetes, Openshift etc.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 19, 2018, 3:19:16 PM