American Express Careers
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. eCP offers dynamic rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation to change the landscape of Main Frame development. Motivated by a high-energy team of stand-out colleagues, we will bring modern CICD and Dev-Ops automation to the Mainframe space. If you have the talent and dream to deliver creative products and services at a rapid pace, join our transformation team. You will join a rock star engineering team that will deliver the next generation of automation tooling into a space that needs automation.
You will work across a wide range of tools and use an even wider range or technologies to deliver world-class solutions. The innovations you craft will allow Mainframe development teams to initiate an automated build, deploy just like their mid-range counterparts. This will allow Mainframe development to follow Agile practices and let go of the waterfall methods they have incorporated up to this point. You will build custom solutions as well as work with off the shelf software products to enable this transformation. We are a start-up, we will wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly.
- Architect, design, prototype, and deliver solutions across applications to support strategy and deliver business value
- Serve as a core member of agile team that designs and develops software applications and tests and builds automation tools
- Partners with customers and other internal teams and technical product managers to deliver improvements to the platform
- Uses technical acumen to provide design alternatives, ask probing questions and support the team in technical issue resolution
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field with 6+ years of Software Engineering experience
- 5+ years as Software Engineer with application development experience with Cobol or PL1
- 5+ years of Experience with Mainframe DB systems like DB2, IMS DB, SQL, DB2 stored procedure
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Rexx, Clist or ISPF Macros
- OLTP: CICS, IMS DC
- Experience with tools like IBM Debugger and IBM File Manager
- Operating systems MVS and Z OS
- Experience with CM tools like Change Man/RTC/Endeavor/ISPW
- Experience with job processing JCL
- Debugging tools like Intertest or Xpeditor
- Sorting tools like ICETOOL, DFSORT or SYNCSORT
- Ability to solve issues in complex environments using tools like Abendaid
- SPUFI, QMF, BMC catalog manager, fileaid db2 etc. there are loads of tools for db2 queries and running other db2 utilities.
- Passionate about operational excellence and documentation.
- Attention to detail with strong thought leadership and analytical abilities
- A positive, can-do attitude and great relationship building skills
- Excellent written and Verbal communication skills
- Experience with IBM or Compuware toolsets, specifically Rationale suite(RDz, RTC or Urban Code deploy) or Topaz, Topaz Workbench and ISPW.
- Experience in architectural standard methodologies.
- Should have extensive design and coding experience of critical applications, preferably for big banks or financial institutions
- Good working understanding of Securities Lending or some exposure to working in projects for financial institutions preferable
- Production support experience preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2018, 12:33:52 AM