American Express Careers
Program Manager - Special Projects - Enterprise Cloud Platform
About American Express Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP):
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. eCP offers dynamic rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
As a Program Manager, you support the Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP) Organization reporting to VP and Head of Cloud Platform, working closely with and collaborating with all members of the eCP leadership team (VPs and Directors). You are responsible for multiple activities including strategic presentations, communications, organization, planning, and execution of activities to help ensure the objectives of the eCP portfolio are met.
This role will be a member of the eCP leadership team, possessing excellent thought leadership, critical thinking, relationship building skills, and the ability to work well under pressure. He or she will need to have a consistent track record of excellence operating independently and within a high performing team environment.
- Own and handle special projects [Special projects would be high priority short projects assisting Head of Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP)]
- Take initiative, and, assist leadership in tracking and driving day-to-day activities and issues.
- Be assertive in driving time-sensitive asks from cloud VPs and Directors
- Build presentation and business cases for senior executive presentations (such as Business Update Reviews, Strategy Decks, Progress Updates)
- Assist with running business planning, administration, and operational processes (e.g., Leadership meetings, cost center management, goal setting and scorecard metrics)
- Deliver a broad range of communications including: Organizational charts, All Hands & business updates and employee communications
- Compile organization metrics for and achievements
- Maintain data files relating to employees and contractors
- Balance the management of day-to-day business priorities along with long-term strategic deliverables
- Collaborate with the various constituencies across the Company in order to accomplish tasks on behalf of the eCP leadership
- High Energy, motivated self-starter who is able to provide strategic thought leadership.
- Lead projects with limited guidance.
- Requires flexibility and ability to effectively function in a dynamic environment, including the ability to address ad hoc projects that arise based on developing business needs with urgency while balancing other priorities.
- Preference for strong candidate for this role with superior organization, communication, decision making and planning skills.
- The successful candidate is a strong strategic thinker who possesses the confidence and composure required to effectively communicate with senior management.
- Able to communicate in a succinct and professional matter
- Attention to detail is critical
- Maniacal follow-up and tracking capability
- 2+ Years of management consulting experience as an Analyst or Associate
- 3+ years of creating Strategy, Business Plans and other senior leader presentations
- 3+ years of advance PowerPoint presentation preparation
- 3+ years of advance excel
- High level of integrity for handling confidential information
- Outstanding leadership and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to influence without authority across peers and superiors and drive projects with little direction
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to start your hands-on experience journey with an internship at American Express.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 19, 2018, 3:16:11 PM