American Express Careers
Executive Assistant - Enterprise Cloud Platform
About American Express Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP):
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides a platform that enables business applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. eCP offers dynamic rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
This Executive Assistant role will support two Vice President's and team members within the organization who are responsible for the core platforms and systems underpinning American Express technology.
You are capable of handling a range of administrative related tasks and be able to work independently and expertly under pressure. Building positive relationships and being inventive will be essential to success and knowing how to navigate large, complex organizations fluidly will be helpful. You interface and work with senior level leaders, use considerable discretion and independent discernment.
You will have responsibilities which include, but are not limited to:
- Being the initial liaison and primary communication point person of both VP's for all senior leaders, teams and external client/partners.
- Work alongside other executive assistants
- Organization and maintenance of complex calendars using a high level of integrity, running across senior leaders of AXP, different time zones, and international markets.
- Organizing internal and external meetings including team events; making all necessary arrangements including sending invitations, booking rooms and arranging catering.
- Making complex travel itineraries including air, hotel, transfers and visas.
- Assisting the VP's with appropriate email delegation, booking meetings, and reacting and corresponding on behalf of.
- Prioritizing what is meaningful and urgent.
- Acknowledging receipt/replies on behalf of, etc.
- Ensuring timely preparation and processing of expense reports and invoices; review expenses submitted to leader for approval and highlight any out of policy spend.
- Ensuring timely processing of weekly payroll and exception requests.
- Assist with Recruitment process, relocation and new hire coordination.
- Document/presentation creation and maintaining organization charts.
- Assist in maintaining departmental budgets, services procurement, supplies and other administrative support tasks.
- Ad hoc project work as directed by leadership.
- You will ideally have experience of supporting Senior Executives within a high-paced, complex environment.
- Validated experience working well with Senior Management and handling confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Strong MS Office experience: PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Strong work ethic, highly self-motivated, but understands the need to be a standout colleague.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and handle pressure in a deeply dynamic environment.
- Ability to be dedicated and take initiative to anticipate the needs of a complex office.
- Strong follow-up skills with excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience with administrative tasks that creates and supports an organized and efficient environment.
- You have excellent verbal and writing interpersonal and communication skills.
- You have strong solution focused skills and possess the ability to act diplomatically and patiently when communicating with individuals of varying levels.
- Ability to run multiple priorities within established timeframes while demonstrating flexibility.
- Experience in a wide range of administrative related tasks, organizing large meetings and arranging travel.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and in a fast paced environment.
- Understanding and appreciation of key customer relationships (internal/external).
- Knowledge of Concur, Ariba, ITSC, DGM Tool, etc. preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2018, 12:48:09 AM