American Express Careers
Engineer - Enterprise Cloud Platform
About American Express Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP):
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. eCP offers dynamic rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace join our transformation team. You will join a rock star engineering team that will deliver the next generation of automation tooling and collaboration software.
This automation tooling will support CI/CD within American Express across all platforms. You will work across a wide range of tools and use an even wider range or technologies to deliver world class solutions. You will also work within the Atlassian toolsets creating collaboration solutions for Jira, Confluence, BitBucket and Crowd. You will create custom plugins using the latest open source technologies to serve our customers within American Express. We are a start-up, we will wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. You will also create innovations that will handle the gathering of analytic data across American Express and enable teams to measure end to end product delivery time and create self-service dashboards and reporting. You will work within the ELK stack and work directly with both Elastic and Kibana or other open source tools to create dashboards and reporting for our customer’s needs.
- Architect, design, prototype, and deliver solutions across applications to support strategy and deliver business value
- Serve as a core member of agile team that designs and develops software applications and tests and builds automation tools
- Partners with customers and other internal teams and technical product managers to deliver enhancements to the platform
- Uses technical acumen to provide design alternatives, ask probing questions and support the team in technical issue resolution
- Builds Developer focused technical community
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field with 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
- 1-2+ years as Software Engineer with application development experience with at least two programming languages ( Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, Perl)
- 1-2+ years of Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, Ansible etc..)
- 1-2+ years of scripting experience ( e.g. Bash, php, python, groovy, curl, use/code RESTFUL APIs …)
- Experience with Linux, preferably with RedHat/CentOS.
- Solid Experience with Version Control systems - ( GitHub, Svn, git stash)
- Experience writing and maintaining tools and scripts to support automation and operations.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in complex, distributed, multi-tier architectures.
- Experience using relational and noSQL databases ( Postgres, mysql, mongoldb, couch base etc…)
- Passionate about operational excellence and documentation.
- A positive, can-do attitude and great relationship building skills Excellent written and Verbal communication skills
- Experience with Analytics and data warehousing technology including but not limited to Tableau, Kibana and Elastic Search, Grafana
- Experience with troubleshooting and performance tuning in JVMs, Web servers.
- Experience in architectural best practices.
- Virtualization, Containerization experience, Knowledge of Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes will be helpful.
- Experience in data visualization.
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams.
- Worked in SaaS/PaaS companies as DevOps engineer.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 19, 2018, 3:21:00 PM