American Express Careers
Quality Assurance Manager
- Responsible for managing the definition, implementation and integration of quality principles and quality processes into the design and development of software and IT processes.
- Ensures that quality methods and procedures are executed and coordinates and facilitates the quality assurance activities across programs/projects within the portfolio supported.
- Designs, monitors and analyzes metrics program for quality improvement initiatives.
- Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to development teams on QA methodologies and processes.
- Leads program or large projects with complex functionality testing requirements. Accountability for all testing activities aligned to Portfolio.
- Works with development resources to drive improvements in overall testing processes and techniques.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for the quality assurance function.
- Defines and puts in place effective metrics to view context, trends and risks in Quality Assurance processes across the portfolio supported.
- Plans and validates program/project testing strategy, providing advice on prioritization of testing activity in support of identified risks.
- Ensures that adequate levels of Quality Assurance resources are available to meet program/project delivery schedule expectations.
- Identify and implement QA automation practices, influence stakeholders for automation strategy and commitment
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Technology, with an emphasis on QA, and proven ability in writing test cases, running functional, automated, or performance tests, and managing defects
- Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, functional testing, system integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, web service testing, and browser compatibility testing, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Integration technologies
- Experience with Agile, other rapid application development methods, and Waterfall SDLC
- Experience in working with HP Quality Center, Selenium or other testing automation tools
- Experience with coding skills across a variety of platforms
- Any of the following test certifications - QAI, ASQ, IIST, ISEB, ISTQB - are a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 26, 2018, 7:00:15 AM