American Express Careers
German Speaking- Merchant Debit Professional
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Global Merchant Services Risk Operations is blended front and back office, dealing with merchant debit balance collections, insolvencies and risk.
The team services EMEA markets (UK, France, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Finland, Spain, Airlines, Multicurrency & Netherlands).
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Management of German, Austrian, UK and MCCY debit balance inventories
- Striking a balance between Risk assessment and Customer Service
- Collection of overdue balances on merchant accounts arising from refunds, charge backs and incorrect payments to minimise exposure and prevent write offs.
- Inbound And Outbound calls with detailed back office work (OA referrals and suspense items)
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proficient in written and spoken English and German- Business Language essential
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience in a call centre environment preferred
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Self-starter, working under minimal supervision with a positive attitude
- Experience in customer facing roles
- Analytical and negotiation skills
- Mathematical ability to calculate different payment methods, adjustments, ratios and percentages.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 17, 2018, 10:37:59 AM