American Express Careers
Senior Engineer II
The Loyalty & Benefits platform is part of the larger Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence where product and engineering resources have been organizationally brought together to improve speed to market and further unlock value across core capabilities. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and talented Senior Engineer II to join our team and help up us power up! Responsibilities:
The Loyalty & Benefits platform is part of the larger Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence where product and engineering resources have been organizationally brought together to improve speed to market and further unlock value across core capabilities. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and talented Senior Engineer II to join our team and help up us power up!
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
Posting date: 28/9/18
Closing date: 25/10/18
Location: Burgess Hill
- Advanced proficiency with hands on development using Java EE
- Ability to identify opportunities for usage of established design patterns as well as their implementation
- Experience leading solution design and delivering high availability / performance secure systems supporting large traffic volumes
- Knowledge of web security and encryption technology
- Proven success in creating, enhancing and refactoring Java EE software
- As a Senior Engineer in this space where other team members are looking for direction, guidance and coaching, must have proven experience of extensive experience implementing and utilizing continuous integration, orchestration, and delivery tool chains, including test automation frameworks
- Strong knowledge of build and version control tools such as Maven, Grunt, Jenkins, Git (including branching and merging strategies)
- Strong Knowledge and experience with using unit testing frameworks such as JUnit.
- In addition, experience in: Realtime messaging brokers such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc. SQL Databases such as Postgresql, Oracle, Mysql, NoSQL databases such as Mongodb, Redis, developing highly parallel (multi-threaded and multi-process) services. Developing and consuming APIs (REST/SOAP etc). Knowledge of Docker for development and deployment strategies.
- Strong problem solving skills and a desire to learn through experience
- Excellent collaboration in a team environment and comfortable in leading group based working sessions
- Experienced in Agile Engineering
- Proficient oral and written communication skills Nice to have
- Strong Experience in TDD and BDD
- Significant experience with Java EE software development.
- Computer Science, or equivalent, degree or equivalent industry experience.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 24, 2018, 6:01:00 PM