American Express Careers
Manager - Risk Management
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Manager – Risk Management
Portfolio Risk Management, Continental European Markets
This position will be a part of a highly motivated and innovative Credit Risk Management team responsible for all credit risk, underwriting and customer management strategies for the consumer businesses in Europe. The position will require the incumbent to comprehensively review the credit performance of multi-billion dollar credit and charge card portfolio in continental European markets focusing on behavioural, demographic and macroeconomic segments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Closely partnering with the marketing and product teams to define credit risk strategies for new products and services in the region.
- Partnering with market risk team to develop high impact underwriting and customer risk management strategies to profitably grow the portfolio.
- Defining underwriting and on going customer management procedures to the operations team to fulfil on the credit risk policies.
- Establishing strong partnership with sales, marketing, and Risk Centre of Excellence teams based across various geographies to successfully drive business growth in the region.
Location : London
Salary : Competitive
Advert Opening Date: 25/09/2018
Closing Date: 24/10/2018
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven analytical experience in a financial services organization in a credit risk related function.
- Knowledge of portfolio risk management strategy for consumer credit products essential.
- Master's Degree or higher in quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science and Economics) or MBA with quantitative background is essential
- Strong programming skills (SAS/SQL) and experience with Big Data programming languages such as HIVE, PIG, PYTHON.
- Good communication and persuasion skills with an ability to translate technical analysis into business insights and recommendations, conceptualize and sell ideas to internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and across a matrix organization partnering with capabilities, decision sciences, technology teams and external vendors to deliver solutions at top speed
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 25, 2018, 3:36:03 AM