American Express Careers
2019 UK Marketing MBA Summer Internship
American Express is a global services company, headquartered in New York City with international operations centred in London. Our history in service and trust runs deep and we are passionate about our customers at American Express. Our customers include our Cardmembers as well as the small businesses, merchants, corporations, and bank partners that are all members of the dynamic American Express network. Innovation and reinvention, encoded in our DNA, guide our business decisions. We have been pioneers in developing cutting-edge digital payment and loyalty products and forging partnerships with major technology companies, including Facebook, Amazon, and Uber. Today, we are engaging with emerging technologies and working with innovative start-ups. We were first to test blockchain in commercial payments using Ripple and in our loyalty programme, Membership Rewards, with Hyperledger.
Marketing is core to driving growth in our businesses. As a part of our marketing internship programme, you will have the opportunity to have real business impact by defining data-driven, customer-centric, and digital marketing strategies across the organisation and turn them into tangible deliverables for senior leaders. You will have the opportunity to grow our brand in the digital marketplace by creating compelling value propositions and marketing strategies based on extensive market and consumer data.
American Express is looking for strategic thinkers who can innovate, collaborate and possess a strong desire to solve real business problems and drive new opportunities with break-through marketing strategies. Our well-established Summer Internship Programme will provide high-performing MBA students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in projects that have strategic, operational or financial significance to the company. Interns will get executive exposure, have the opportunity to network and learn about the Amex culture, and participate in social and community service activities.
The Summer Internship Programme commences in June 2019 for 10 weeks. It consists of the following components:
- Introduction to American Express through an induction day and training sessions
- Meaningful projects which will have real business impact
- Regular Speaker Series with senior management
- Social and networking events
- Structured performance management process and regular feedback
What type of work can you expect to do in Marketing at American Express?
- Develop innovative, profitable and customer-centric product strategies
- Identify opportunities and enhancements for new and existing products and services to penetrate untapped markets
- Create enhanced value for customers and distribution partners through product innovation
- Launch and measure creative marketing strategies to acquire new customers or engage existing customers
- Develop cost-benefit analyses to determine feasibility of new opportunities
- Demonstrate value of products and services to a wide variety of consumers through marketing
- Collaborate with our external partners to develop and grow our cobrand products
- Demonstrated strategic thought leadership to drive results
- Ability to conceptualise and sell ideas
- Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills necessary to build strong internal and external relationships
- Strong customer focus and project management skills
- Strong collaborator with the ability to work across a matrix organisation
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Results-oriented team player and individual contributor
- Currently enrolled in an MBA programme with a graduation date between December 2019 and July 2020
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Application deadline – 18th November 2018
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 17, 2018, 12:02:16 PM