American Express Careers
Project Manager, Strategic, Enablement & Governance (SEG)
The Strategic, Enablement & Governance (SEG) team is responsible for identifying, scoping, planning and executing transformational projects for Controllership and Finance. The team supports the delivery of large scale projects that improve processes, provide efficiency, enhance the control environment, support business growth activities and implement new technologies. Additionally, the team provides support to the Controllership Leadership Team on developing the strategy for the Controllership organization, as well as managing the investment process for the organization, and tracking/reporting on the project portfolio and resource utilization. The project manager role will be responsible for leading and executing Corporate Controllership and Corporate Finance initiatives by driving the delivery of key project outcomes and will have significant exposure to global stakeholders, key partners and senior leaders. While the projects will change over time, their initial focus will include improvements in the overall efficiency and effectiveness of processes, establishing end-to-end process management capability as well as leading complex projects to successful completion.
- Responsible for comprehensive project management to execute on the strategy of Corporate Controllership and Corporate Finance by managing key projects, communicating progress, escalating road blocks and clear and timely communication to project team leads and stakeholders.Corporate Development support of acquisitions and divestitures which includes activities across Controllership, LFO, Tax and Treasury.
- Consistent application of project management and governance standards and in order to determine which project management approach and tool(s) are appropriate for different project stages based on the scale and scope of the objective.
- Work extensively with stakeholders and business process owners to coordinate end to end requirements, design, testing and deployment including change management associated with initiatives.
- As needed, assist with leadership presentations and provide input to/support the investment, project portfolio and/or resource management processes.
- 3+ years project management experience required
- Solid experience in Project Management and/or process improvement, with proven ability to manage multiple demands successfully and within a matrixed organization
- Ability to lead change, strong change management experience
- Strong accounting and reporting knowledge/experience
- Strong process orientation and analytical/problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong relationship leadership and conflict resolution skills, with a proven track record of positively collaborating, influencing and extensively coordinating with internal and external partners including Senior Leaders
- Team player, comfortable to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds, within a cross-border, remote team environment
- Big 4 and/or consulting experience preferred
- Project management or Six Sigma certification (preferred)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 5, 2018, 1:23:04 PM