American Express Careers
Manager - Accounting & Reporting Controllership
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
Coordinating closely with and supporting the Director - Accounting & Reporting Controllership, this role will be responsible for the financial integrity of a major EMEA operating entity. Core responsibilities will include:
- Take responsibility for analysis and explanation of the monthly US GAAP financial results.
- Assess the accounting implications of transactions under IFRS.
- Review month end accounting entries to ensure compliance to relevant internal policy and US GAAP accounting rules, ensuring integrity of financial records.
- Provide an oversight of accounting entries passed by other finance and non-finance teams.
- Ensure accurate reporting and escalation of any financial errors and all unusual accounting entries in a timely manner and in accordance with policy & procedure.
- Be responsible for oversight and quality review of statutory & regulatory reports prepared by the Legal Entity Reporting team for relevant UK legal entities within prescribed timetable.
- Review LER team’s reconciliation of US GAAP ledgers to the local GAAP accounts and ensure well controlled.
- Present Statutory and Regulatory reporting information and relevant business analysis to stakeholders; including the Board of Directors, Audit and Finance / Governance Committees, Tax, Auditors as required.
- Provide financial guidance on regulations and laws for local reporting related queries raised by market customers, business partners and regional finance team.
- Provide thought leadership to analysts and ensure effective flow of information to enable high quality outputs.
- Lead direct reports - recruiting, coaching and developing to retain a team of top talent.
- Ensure all PMP activities including goals, development plans, training and appraisals are conducted on-time.
- Handle reporting issues in absence of Controller / Leader and judge when issues require escalation.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- To be successful in this role we are looking for you to:
- Be a fully Qualified Accountant – Ideally from practice background.
- Have proven in People Leadership Skills including the development of staff.
- Bring extensive experience within Accounting and Finance – demonstrating a technical background in statutory reporting and audit.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills to resolve issues and track to conclusion.
- Have high proficiency in MS-Office applications, Essbase /analytical software, Oracle and Cognos.
- Lead the assessment of the accounting implications of transactions under IFRS. Good understanding of US GAAP is advantageous.
- Have a rounded knowledge of complex Policies, Procedures and Systems (demonstrable ability to operate in a large company / global matrix environment).
- Show a good understanding of Project / Change Management experience
- Demonstrate personal accountability in ensuring all tasks and activities are carried out on time and in accordance with legal requirements.
- Be results driven and have the ability to perform multiple tasks, work to strict deadlines and prioritise tasks.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 18, 2018, 11:51:22 AM