American Express Careers
Senior Engineer-Robotic Automation Lead
If you are passionate about the power of new technology, come join the automation team. We will be applying Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Optical Character Recognition (OCR), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML) , Business Process Management (BPM), and other innovative technology across the American Express enterprise. You will learn an enormous range of technology and see it applied across the company.American Express has an enormous opportunity to leverage new and disruptive technologies with an enterprise focus on automation. Come own the efforts of a new team defining and building a platform for robotic process automation enabling the adoption and proper application of technologies like machine learning, optical character recognition, natural language processing, and overall business process management. RPA (Robotic Process Automation) and BPM are the next evolution of the microservice architecture. The team is empowered to shape our technology and product roadmap. Bring your talent and desire to deliver innovative capabilities across an organization which is ripe with opportunity. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity.
The business opportunity is real and will translate to development of the right leader’s personal skills, career path, and provide wide visibility across multiple American Express business units. Depending on your career path, the role may grow into a technical leader (staff engineer) or transition into an engineering director as the team develops.
- Building an enterprise software platform
- Learning new technologies and building integrations into many platforms
- Providing leadership by example for a high-performance team of software engineers
- Mentoring junior engineering staff
- Creating a strong technical foundation; able to define architecture and design, and get under the hood of complex architectures, systems, and interface design
- Hand-on development
- Leading code reviews and automated testing
- Be a technology evangelist and innovator introducing new tools and technologies to American Express.
- Identify new use cases and opportunities to embrace innovative technologies. Educate business partners.
- Influence team members by challenging status quo, demonstrating risk taking, and implementing creative ideas
- 10+ years of Software Development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience
- Expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- Deep understanding of distributed systems
- Experience with Agile(Scrum), Rally, Jira, Confluence, Kanban
- Experience with large scale systems and resource management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Proven ability to solve technical problems and the ability to influence and optimize input from key partners
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2018, 1:31:23 AM