American Express Careers
Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Security, Public/Hybrid Cloud, VAPT
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide - combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities - enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
American Express has embarked on an exciting Cloud, Big Data and Mobile transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team. You will contribute to a rock star engineering team which is delivering the next generation auto-scaled, Highly Available, hybrid cloud enterprise application platform (Iaas/PaaS) for the mission critical American Express Delivery Transformation initiative.
The platform will deliver a framework to support multiple programming languages i.e Java, Node.js, Python, Ruby/Rails, Scala and Fuse for enterprise and consumer mobile & web application developers. You will create innovative tools and capabilities to enable continuous delivery - building, provisioning and administering multi-tenant, scale-out applications throughout the life cycle, from development, test and into production. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proofs of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. As a senior engineer, your primary responsibilities will be to maintain a robust, efficient, effective, 24x7 service operation for the Private Cloud environment and its tools. We will wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. You will work closely with your India and US leaders and peers to deliver a “Follow the Sun” capability that is best in class in Quality and Capability at a cost effective price point.
• This is individual contributor role and the person is expected to work on Public/hybrid cloud security solutions and expected to adhere the shift pattern (Full night shifts are not expected).
• Will be responsible for handling security related escalation and technical process issues.
• Document environmental best practices, including automation strategy, policy adherence, asset lifecycle, resiliency, and multi-region business continuity.
• In collaboration with enterprise cloud security teams, deliver security strategy and patterns required to support the responsible consumption of public cloud.
• Familiarity with Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service, Software-as-a-Service (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
• Perform RCA for Major Incidents related to the tower.
• Plan and schedule Changes, Coordinating with different stakeholders.
• Perform Trend analysis, identify top few incidents and work with respective teams/individual to minimize the incidents, Hardware troubleshooting & Vendor coordination
• Prepare Weekly and monthly status reports & Work on the service improvement programs.
• All ITIL / ITSM processes including Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Asset, Configuration and Service Level Management
• Partners with Cloud engineering teams and technical product managers to support a continuously evolving platform
• Uses technical acumen to provide alternatives, ask probing questions and support the team in technical issue resolution
• Coordinates communications, escalates and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the cloud infrastructure security.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• Overall 8+ years of industry experience with expertise on cutting edge public/hybrid cloud technologies.
• Demonstrated professional expertise in a large Fortune 100 company running an IT Production Operation at scale including Infrastructure (Servers, Network, Storage, Security) and Applications (Distributed, Middleware, Databases across all tiers)
• Must have a good knowledge around VAPT (Vulnerability assessment and penetration testing)
• Good understanding around security tools and vulnerability fixes for different cloud flavors.
• Able to understand ISO 27001 security guidelines and communicate with CISO’s whenever needed.
• Good experience in managing configuration & system vulnerabilities.
• Hands-on experience on Openstack/Openshift/Amazon Web Services/Google Cloud/ Azure (Any two)
• Cloud management and administration
• Hands-on experience on Bash/python/ruby (any one)
• Continuous delivery experience/devops/Agile
• Understanding on automation tools like Ansible/Ansible tower/Chef is a plus
• Ability to work with Infrastructures and Platforms including IaaS, PaaS, Cloud technologies and tools for Continuous Delivery (CD)
• In depth understanding of Cloud Infrastructure (IaaS/PaaS), Linux functionalities/ features as well as good experience of Linux system administration
• Good understanding on cloud monitoring & product security.
• Ability to drive initiative towards platform stability and must be a good team player.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service skills, and English communication skills with difficult customers in outage situations.
• Metrics management
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2018, 11:49:36 AM