American Express Careers
Manager, Contact Strategy
Global Credit and Fraud Network (GCFN) is at the center of the company’s most important priorities – increasing revenue, protecting our assets and being prepared for the inevitable economic downturn, whenever it may come. As Amex continues to expand its lending portfolio, coupled with the changing credit landscape, we have an important role to play in managing the credit experience for our customers.
The Global Credit Contact Strategy team is responsible for creating and executing a contact strategy for our customers with credit concerns on their accounts, from individuals to large corporate clients, across the globe. The Global Credit Network (GCN) gets in touch with our customers via multiple channels, including outbound calling, letters and emails, SMS, online portal, and mobile app. These contacts and the associated customer outcomes generate rich streams of data ripe for thoughtful analysis. This position provides an exciting high-profile opportunity to glean key insights from this data, formulate those insights into concrete and actionable strategies, and drive results for American Express.
The Manager, Contact Strategy will reporting to the Contact Strategy Director, the successful candidate will use their strong data mining and analytical skills to extract and manipulate many different data sources and present the findings in a business context, support the design of hypothesis and operational tests to drive strategic improvements in contact strategies, help define effective measures of success and monitor performance against targets, identify opportunities for improvement across the contact landscape.
- Develop knowledge of credit space, collection operations, relevant systems and data sources
- Design operational test and control experiments to improve contact outcomes, evaluate the results and share insights, prepare the next phase of testing
- Conduct thorough operational and portfolio data analysis to produce insights that improve effectiveness of contact strategy across multiple channels
- Support design of success metrics and target setting for contact space, develop dashboards and manage regular performance monitoring
- Provide analytical support to the Contact Strategy Director on projects and initiatives, perform deep dives on identified issues and pain points, ad hoc reporting
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science or other related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of proven experience in data analysis, strong quantitative analytical and conceptual thinking skills, with proven experiences in complex data mining, segmentation, identifying portfolio trends and formulating valuable insights
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with SQL
- Technical aptitude and engineering mindset
- Being resourceful in finding information, thinking outside the box, comfortable with ambiguity
- Quick learner with a curious mind, passion for using the data to tell a story, developing “what if” scenarios and thoroughly testing them
- Strong communication skills with an ability to clearly articulate expectations and understand requirements, explain data insights and their implications to business partners and stakeholders at different levels
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, and rapid change
- Experience with call center operations and/or dialer capabilities preferred
- (Optional) Knowledge of American Express consumer and commercial products
- (Optional) Credit and/or collection operations background
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 25, 2018, 12:37:06 PM