American Express is aggressively digitizing our business with significant investment along every dimension in this space. As part of this intensive effort, our Enterprise Architecture Technology team has an exciting opportunity available for a Technical Project Manager with strong experience enabling the delivery of machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions, and who has exceptional quantitative and problem solving skills.
Our team is responsible for developing, innovating and modernizing cutting edge frameworks for the enterprise of Excellence. The open position of Technical Project Manager is responsible for managing the teams capacity as they contribute these capabilities to improve operations and product features across the portfolio, as well as ensuring that delivery requirements, timelines, dependencies and risks are clearly communicated to all stakeholders. This position works closely with product owners, architects, engineers and quality assurance across multiple scrum teams and products, acting as a single point of contact for the team, and assisting in generating new partnerships / consulting engagements. The list of responsibilities may include:
• Work within and across tech and business units to prioritize, plan and execute the development schedule for new capabilities
• Manage and track team velocity, financials and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
• Serve as a subject matter expert for the teams work across multiple engineering, infrastructure and third parties
• Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues and changes tied to the teams capability development initiatives
• Creates both business and tech-facing materials to clearly illustrate the teams work, beyond technical documentation
• Ensures deliverables across engineering teams are high-quality and clearly documented
• Navigates reporting / team structures to create effective partnerships between the Center of Excellence team and the product teams they are working alongside
• Stakeholder management - assisting to prioritize and set expectations when competing project deadlines arise
• Works with tech partners and architects to identify solutions and business process improvements
• May perform hands-on reviews of product backlog, designs, code, test scripts and results in addressing delivery impediments or quality issues The ideal candidate should demonstrate creativity, curiosity and a passion for innovation. If you want to work on a team that develops new algorithms and applications, and be a part of transforming an entire portfolio of products, this may be the right job for you.
• 3-6+ years of technical project management experience
• Experience managing projects in one or more of the following areas: High Performance Computing, Algorithms, Software Engineering, Back-End Development, Distributed System
• Deep understanding of all aspects of software design, with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
• Experience managing Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions that meet customer expectations for timeliness and quality. Includes methods such as Lean, XP, Kanban, Scrum, Programmer Anarchy and scaling methods such as SAFe
• Penchant for creating new projects and executing them from conception to creating business impact through cutting edge research in relevant areas
• Success by showing creativity to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to the problem
• Ability and comfort with working independently and making key decisions on projects
• Ability to view the end-to-end process and understand downstream, upstream effects of implementing change and plan appropriately to compensate and/or overcome this when necessary
• Proven ability to manage change in dynamic, ambiguous environment and ability to influence without direct authority among peers and with leaders
• Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers
• Ability to get industry-leading solutions to market efficiently and effectively
• Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity / under-defined problems, advocating for simplification and influencing teams
• Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 24, 2018, 8:58:03 AM