American Express Careers
Compliance Analyst - Corrective Actions
The Corrective Action Quality Assurance Analyst role is part of the Issue and Complaint Oversight team within the Global Risk and Compliance organization, and reports to the Manager of Corrective Action Quality. This position will evaluate compliance corrective action closure documentation and provide feedback concerning documentation issues to project owners, process owners, compliance line of business team members, and other key stakeholders. This position is also responsible for working with the project owner on closure of the issues. Guidance and training on appropriate documentation is a part of this role as well.
- Review Corrective Action closure documentation and identify gaps and inconsistencies with the documentation which arise during the closure of Corrective Actions.
- Clearly and concisely report gaps to Project Owners and other key stakeholders.
- Identify any potential gaps which might be a sign of under remediation or that Customer harm has not ceased.
- Work with project owners to resolve all open items in a timely manner.
- Provide feedback and guidance to support the closure of gaps identified in the review.
- Support efforts to inform Compliance and Bank management of emerging trends.
- Develop a strong relationship with Line of Business Compliance team members and other key stakeholders in the Corrective Action remediation process.
- Act as a back up for management reporting.
- Execute ad hoc requests and projects as needed.
- 1 year of experience in working with Compliance reviews/ testing, working with Compliance regulations, document analysis ,or working in an internal control capacity.
- Proven ability to work with other team members and constituents to gain credibility.
- Proven excellence in written and oral communication skills and proficient in Microsoft Office applications including pivot tables.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related discipline; or equivalent AMEX experience required.
- Masters degree, CRCM and other Compliance certification desirable.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 25, 2018, 1:19:39 PM