American Express Careers
Manager / Sr. Manager - Enterprise Brand Strategy
- Defining an enterprise design target that reflects both demographic and psychographic characteristics,
- Designing and implementing creative and immersive colleague engagement to introduce and reinforce our new brand strategy across 50+ American Express offices,
- Refining and modernizing the language of our enterprise Brand Values and bringing them to life in animated video,
- Defining our Brand Purpose – how we articulate the impact we can make in the world and how that can motivate customers and colleagues,
- Establishing our approach to sonic branding –how we signal our brand using sound,
- Creating tools and resources to help senior leaders reinforce our brand with their teams,
- Developing the 2019 enterprise communications brief to prioritize key messages and introduce new ways of reaching our customers and prospects, and
- Exploring white space future topics about evolving customer behaviors and needs to ensure our brand stays relevant.
- Connect global brand strategy priorities to key initiatives within GABM involving key communications teams (advertising, social, experiential, media)
- Closely monitor the state of the brand, identify growth opportunities and provide thought leadership on trends impacting our brand and business –and how to effectively communicate them globally.
- Contribute to brand strategy special projects for the office of the Chief Marketing Officer
- Consult with business partners and lead brand engagement efforts internally, including building relationships with key internal partners who help us activate and reinforce our brand strategy globally (primary partners include Corporate Affairs & Communications, Human Resources, Global Servicing Network, Enterprise Digital in addition to others)
- Facilitate sharing of brand/marketing knowledge and best practices via multiple brand management channels and brand forums, including management of the Marketing Club, and GBS resources on the Square
- Manage relationships with agency partners who help us extend the impact of our team
- Identify and foster new ways of working in support of brand and marketing transformation efforts
- Oversee the annual global brand strategy budget and agency monitoring, including invoice processing, monthly reconciliation, etc.
- Demonstrated 5+ years marketing, consulting and/or brand management experience
- Passion for brand strategy, marketing and the customer – particularly a curiosity about what’s happening not only within American Express but in the outside world
- Strong analytical skills and comfort translating research and trends into actionable insights and growth strategies
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal with demonstrated excellence writing and delivering persuasive PowerPoint presentations – be a deck-writing ninja!
- Strong team player and relationship builder…someone people love to work with!
- Self-starter – many of our projects involve white space and require coming up with new approaches without the benefit of past work to draw from
- Strong attention to detail, pride in execution
- Interest in exploring marketing to diverse audiences a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 8, 2018, 10:47:16 AM