American Express Careers
Analyst/ Senior Financial Analyst
American Express invites you to share your resume so you can be considered for future Analyst/ Senior Financial Analyst opportunities in the New York based Credit and Fraud Risk Organization.
Since the beginning, American Express has been defined by its ability to innovate, evolve, disrupt and take risks. What has remained constant throughout this history of transformation is our dedication to our customers, to our employees, and to the values on which American Express was built: integrity, quality, respect, and community.
Our open, creative, and collaborative culture is a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. So, if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
The Analyst/ Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for:
- Prepare detailed reports and ensure compliance with the Federal Reserve and other regulatory reporting requirements, the Company’s internal review procedures and all other applicable policies and procedures.
- Support the Manager and Director in implementation of significant analytical and reporting processes, procedures and systems using the Company’s control framework.
- Work closely and coordinate with various Subject Matter Experts and Global Reporting leaders.
- Support special projects including partnering with American Express Technologies on key automation initiatives and enhancing policies and procedures around the regulatory reporting process.
- Display thought leadership, drive process improvements and support work/life balance initiatives.
- At least 2+ years’ experience in Accounting/Reporting/Auditing/Controllership.
- Strong understanding/experience in US GAAP accounting and reporting.
- Exhibits organizational skills with the ability to meet critical deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Abilities to improve processes, increase the level of automation and strength controls
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Personally ensures the delivery of high quality service and consistently exceeds customers’ expectations.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Proficient usage of Microsoft applications, especially Excel
Preferred Additional Skills / Qualifications:
- Certified Public Accountant a plus.
- Prior External/SEC/Federal Reserve/Regulatory reporting and banking/financial services experience a plus.
- Experience in public accounting a plus.
- Prior experience with SQL querying language is preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2018, 3:34:36 PM