American Express Careers
Staff/ Senior Auditor
American Express invites you to share your resume so you can be considered for future Staff/ Senior Auditor opportunities in the New York based Credit and Fraud Risk Organization.
The Internal Audit Group (IAG) delivers independent and objective assurance services that support management in striking the balance between risk and controls, and help the Board of Directors fulfill its governance responsibilities. We perform independent process, financial, compliance, and technology audits, consistent with professional standards. IAG also reviews specific operations or processes at the request of the Audit Committee or Senior Leadership.
- Assist team leaders, senior managers, and senior auditors in accomplishing audit objectives in a team environment
- Participate as a key team member on audit projects
- Understands, identifies, evaluates and documents key risks and controls.
- Document processes under review
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge of audit and proper application of sampling techniques
- Works with managers /team leaders to develop audit test steps and can assume responsibility for key process areas of moderate complexity
- Execute audit tests competently in accordance with policies and procedures, and with moderate supervision
- Summarize and communicate results
- Develop recommendations to close identified control gaps
- Proficient use of automated work papers and other department and company tools
- Maintain internal audit competency through ongoing professional development
- Experience in the banking industry within a public accounting, finance and/or internal audit function.
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
- Professional certification (CIA, CISA, CPA, or equivalent) preferred
- Knowledge and experience in application of control theory and professional auditing practices
- Ability to think analytically, communicate complex issues, and develop control recommendations
- Effective written and verbal communication; ability to present control analysis and recommendations with clarity and professionalism
- Demonstrated track record of integrity, effective communication, innovation, and excellence
- Experience working in teams
- Ability to travel
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2018, 3:36:54 PM