American Express Careers
Manager, Data & Platform Analytics, External Quantitative Data
The Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) team is a dynamic environment of digital product and analytics professionals that drive significant value for American Express through innovative solutions. We are seeking a high-performer to join our Product Analytics & Testing team, developing world class digital products, capabilities and marketing programs that support our global markets and help drive growth.
In this role, the candidate will be primarily responsible for analysis and reporting of the external quantitative data we receive from partners like JD Power and Comscore. The insights provided will be used to drive best-in-class acquisition, conversion and membership experience journeys. This position will report to the Director, Data & Platform Analytics, External Quantitative Data.
- Deliver actionable, data-driven insights driving business growth, self-servicing habits and customer satisfaction
- Create and maintain industry benchmarking reports, dashboards and scorecards
- Pinpoint opportunities for product development by understanding customer needs and the reasons for their online behaviors
- Manage day-to-day data collection and storage for external quantitative benchmarking data
- Develop test plans based on collected insights
- Manage ongoing vendor initiatives
- Interact with all levels of the organization across multiple time zones and teams including Product Management, Engineering, Design & Research, and other Analytics Professionals
- At least 4 years of experience in customer research and data analysis of large data sets
- Minimum 2 years of experience in digital marketing or digital product organizations
- Experience in digital analytics as well as market research analysis strongly preferred
- Effective external partner management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to tell a story driven by data
- Strong project management and self-management skills - business-savvy, data-driven and action-oriented.
- Experience cleaning, transforming, moving and joining data for analysis
- Experience in SAS, R or Python and SQL coding, Big Data tools (Hadoop, Hive)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (specifically advanced Excel)
- Ability to provide technical expertise on statistical analysis, methods, and techniques is highly desired
- Experience with analysis of unstructured data with automated text analytics methods is a plus
- Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering or related analytical fields preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 3, 2018, 10:21:07 AM