American Express Careers
Compliance Senior Manager
This position will be responsible for maintaining the effectiveness of regulatory compliance programs in Singapore in line with Singapore regulatory requirements and expectations. This position will develop up-to-date local compliance policies and procedures, conduct training to the employees and incorporate the latest regulatory requirements in rapidly changing business & regulatory environment. More critically, this position will serve as the local subject matter expert for digital initiatives and payments framework regulations. The payments landscape in Singapore has evolved and the regulatory framework is becoming increasingly tighter and much more complex, to align with increasingly complex business models.
This position will support business groups and key stakeholders in implementing the key regulatory requirements surrounding the new digital initiatives and new FinTech regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, the Payment Services Bill, E-payments User Protection Guidelines, Guidelines on Ethical Use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data Analytics and the Technology Risk Management Guidelines.
Success to this position is to possess an in-depth understanding of Singapore regulatory regimes and pertinent regulatory requirements described above, maintain a strong relationship with the business groups and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) / keys stakeholders within / outside Singapore on local regulatory requirements, while having good understanding of the implication to business operations.
1. Lead the implementation of new key regulatory requirements surrounding the new digital initiatives and new FinTech regulatory requirements including, the Payment Services Bill, E-payments User Protection Guidelines, Guidelines on Ethical Use of AI and Data Analytics and the Technology Risk Management Guidelines. This involves detailed implementation gap analysis, setting up projects and leading the Business in setting up new or revised business processes, developing up-to-date local compliance policies & procedures by effectively incorporating necessary local regulatory requirements against rapidly changing business products & underlying operations, and developing and delivering up-to-date regulatory compliance trainings to the required local employees.
2. Continue to keep updated on new developments in the FinTech regulatory space, including support the Market Compliance Officer with managing and developing a communication strategy with regulators and engaging key stakeholders.
3. Manage the receipt, communication and implementation of other regulatory circulars and advisory notes, including but not limited to, performing a gap analysis of the new suggested requirements and overseeing the implementation of the new requirements, till closure.
4. Provide compliance advice to business partners in evaluation of effectiveness of compliance program within business groups, support implementation of necessary compliance actions, consultation & development of appropriate remediation actions as per the regulatory expectation.
5. As needed, lead the facilitation of compliance projects and initiatives to fulfill regulatory requirements, under the direction of the direct leader. This includes leading local implementation of global compliance projects and initiatives.
6. Provide timely advisory support to other compliance teams, including Business Compliance and other international/regional compliance.
7. Effectively lead the Compliance Analyst in performing his/her responsibilities.
. Minimum 8 years of direct regulatory compliance or legal experience in Singapore. Professional certifications or Diplomas in compliance.
. Strong understanding of the Singapore regulatory (Monetary Authority of Singapore) requirements for retail consumer financial services or credit card business, especially developments in Payments regulatory framework.
. Knowledge of payments industry, payments systems, risks and players in the industry.
. Experience in dealing with the regulators on compliance matters.
. Experience and proven success record with leading regulatory implementation projects across different lines of business.
. Problem solver and experience with assisting the business with implementation and resolving issues.
. Strong understanding of credit card and/or retail consumer banking business models at global financial institutions, with complex system & technology infrastructure and a matrix organizational structure.
. Strong understanding of internal controls. Hands-on experience or professional certifications in internal controls. Ability to identify control defects and develop remediation by reviewing & evaluating existing business processes.
. Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal and writing, to be able to effectively develop regulatory policies & procedures and conduct training over the pertinent regulatory requirements.
. Experience in working effectively in a globally-complex matrix organization across diverse business groups and product lines.
. Demonstrated leadership skills to effective coach and guide direct reports.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018" .
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 4, 2018, 1:28:24 AM