American Express Careers
Loyalty & Benefits – Java Engineer
The Loyalty & Benefits Platform is part of the larger Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence – combining product and engineering resources into a single organization to improve speed to market and drive value across core capabilities.
The Loyalty & Benefits Platform enables many of the key product features used by our Cardmembers every day and a key reason they choose American Express; from earning points to accessing lounges and getting the benefits of our partners frequent members’ programmes. As a critical platform enabling essential features across the enterprise our team partners & requires close collaboration across a diverse set of teams around the blue box; including NPD, digital channels, marketing operations, membership rewards, co-brand programs, card benefits, insurance, analytics, operations excellence and servicing. Our core objective is to unlock value for both new product offerings, as well as existing products, with a suite of highly configurable core capabilities that can span our diverse stakeholders needs around the globe.
Aligning to AXP’s framework for winning; we are striving to create the world’s best loyalty & benefit experiences for our customers with a team of passionate & productive software product, engineering and delivery talent. We are on the leading edge for the company using agile practices and the incorporating some of the latest technologies to build highly available, nimble, extensible & modern applications.
Our platforms are at a key point where we need to modernize and transform with a global perspective to continue driving value for our Cardmembers and shareholders; ensuring we can remain competitive and relevant in our customer’s lives.
We are looking for high performing and enthusiastic Java Engineers to join our Redemption space in Loyalty at American Express in Burgess Hill.
In this role, you will partner closely with our product owners within collaborative scrum teams, in an environment that values interesting technical challenges, using best practice design approaches.
- Writes clean, tested and monitored scalable code
- Willingness to learn and work on new technologies
- Analyse user stories to appropriately support design activities
- Performs all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications, including writing new code and creating API's, conducting code reviews
- Works with Quality Engineers to ensure automated test scripts are incorporated for new features
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Good development experience using Java 7/8, Spring – any backend technologies
- Knowledge on Kafka and Spring boot is a plus
- Experience in developing RESTful API’s and micro services
- Good Understanding of TDD and BDD frameworks
- Experience in continuous delivery & continuous delivery methods
- Exposure to distributed (multi-tiered) systems and relational databases
- Good collaboration and communication skills and enthusiastic
- Demonstrated experience working in a team of Engineers
- University Degree or equivalent experience in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 30, 2018, 6:29:47 AM