American Express Careers
Business Analyst / Architect
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Global Compliance and International (Card) Products team is part of the Global Commercial Services Technology responsible for delivery of global projects and programs in regulatory and issues management product domain. We also manage and deliver card product related engagements e.g. co-brand launches in international and manage development and maintenance of several international applications.
The role facilitates the launch and performance optimization of commercial (card) products by improving the alignment between business processes and information technology by outlining end to-end business process mapping for business products and capabilities supported by the vertical architecture team(s).
- Engineering, Programs, Portfolio Governance and Business Engagement
- Large scale global programs, applications that have challenges and opportunities and products that are strategic for business
- We make regulatory and compliance world interesting and fun, and we like to always meet the deadlines, that is when not exceeding the expectations
- A team that believes in being awesome and celebrating success
- An open mind for new ideas and learning from failures
- Develop a target business architecture, describing the product and/or service strategy, and the organizational, functional, process, capability, information, and geographic aspects of the business environment, based on the product principles, business goals, and strategic drivers
- Documenting and analysing the gaps of the baseline and target business architecture using best in class techniques and tools at the right level of detail and decomposition/abstraction
- Producing work objects and work you’re doing that add to the POA roadmap and migration plan
- Function as a leader on a new product launch engagement by contributing to technical builds through consistent system analysis and design practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Monitor the deployment of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
- Be a productivity multiplier for your team by analysing work flow and contributing to enable the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results
- Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team
Ability to articulate needs and requirements both for business and technical users and define target states of processes and systems
- Experience in multiple technology disciplines in a business environment with an understanding of architectural concepts (business, data, and application), issues and trends
- Consulting skills and ability to influence at the peer and leadership level across BU’s, Portfolios, and Platforms
- Experience using a systems analysis and design methodology, and a deep understanding of business processes and functioning
- University Degree in related field or equivalent work experience required
- Applicable industry certification (TOGAF, BAIP, etc.)
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- Car Allowance/Company Car Option
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 9, 2018, 6:42:50 AM